Checksum for the AHN LAZ downloads

Are there checksums available for each LAZ file that is downloadable from https://geodata.nationaalgeoregister.nl/ahn3/extract/ahn3_laz/ ? It would be nice to verify the file integrity and eventual changes in automated downloads.

There were none available, but I generated MD5 checksum lists which are hosted on Github for now. There is a checksum file for each AHN3 product:

In theory these checksums are not going to change anymore, the AHN3 is complete since the last update (last month). We are currently working on moving the AHN3 download service to the cloud, adding checksums is now part of the migration plan. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

4 likes

Excellent, thank you! We have a copy of all the laz files that we were downloading throughout the past years. I want to make sure that what we have on our system is the same that is on the PDOK servers, especially because of the updates of the files that had their parts missing (Error in AHN3 LAZ files - AHN - Geoforum ). So I use the checksums to verify if I need to re-download anything.

1 like

While we are at it, these are the md5sums I got for my AHN1 and AHN2 LAZ collections. I can not tell you if they are correct, however it will allow you to compare collections.

And this is what I got for AHN4 LAZ: md5 and sha1. Both non-authoritative, but easy to compare.

1 like