Add drawing tools to the map in Apex

Hi There,

I have an issue with Apex.
I have no idea if we can add drawing tools to the map in Apex. I searched for this issue and found that Apex can only be used as a viewer. Perhaps this is because Apex only integrates some parts of Oracle JET. Perhaps, I am wrong.
Do you have better suggestion?

Kind regards,
Maryam

Hi Maryam,

I suppose you’ve already understood from the lack of replies that there aren’t many Apex-users here.
I’m not very familiar with Apex myself, so have no idea if it can do what it is you want. You might have more luck on the Oracle Apex Forums.

That said: There are other open source alternatives, which give you more possibilities. If Oracle can publish geojson, you can build a pretty sophisticated viewer including drawing and editing tools using Openlayers for example (there are other libraries as well, but I use Openlayers). This will require development, btw. Possibly use Geoserver in between, if Oracle can’t publish stuff on the web.
There are also commercial out of the box options available, but those come at usually larger cost. So it depends on what kind of resources you have, and what you want to achieve exactly.

1 like

Hi sbjager,
Thank you for your answer,
You are right. I posted this question in the APEX community before, but no one has answered yet. That’s why I think it’s only a viewer and then, I posted here.

Kind regards,
Maryam

Dit topic is 180 dagen na het laatste antwoord automatisch gesloten. Nieuwe antwoorden zijn niet meer toegestaan.