AHN4 laz point cloud ATOM feed

Hi,
is there a way to get the AHN4 .laz point clouds from PDOK, or only the dtm/dsm?
The AHN3 point clouds were available, but I cannot find the new ones. We are looking for a good way to download all of them, so the new ATOM feed would be optimal.

Hi,

They are not available on PDOK, but you can find an overview on https://geotiles.nl/

I am not sure if there is a ATOM of the LAZ files, but if you have one download location, you can construct the links for every tile. A list of AHN4 tiles can be downloaded here: https://service.pdok.nl/rws/ahn/atom/downloads/dtm_05m/kaartbladindex.json

I was afraid of that, the geotiles.nl is explicitly not meant to be downloaded automatically, and I don’t really want to make them pay the costs for the download.

1 like

I don’t know about automatically downloading, but you can get the .laz files from the AHN Viewer. Turn on the layer AHN4 - Downloads per kaartblad, click on one of the rectangles, and you’ll see a download link for the laz file. In that popup you’ll also see this:

NB: Deze links verwijzen direct naar de downloads van het AHN, gefaciliteerd door de AHN-organisatie. Voor vragen over de downloads (zoals snelheid/beschikbaarheid) adviseren wij u om contact op te nemen met het waterschapshuis via info@ahn.nl.

So my suggestion would be to send a mail to that address and explain what it is you’re after. They should be able to help you further, I would think.

The LAZ files are not downloaded from geotiles.nl, they refer to the same urls als @sbjager mentioned. Only urls that start with geotiles.nl are downloaded directly from that source. All others are direct links to AHN source files.

It depends, as @Anton mentioned only files from GeoTiles.nl are not intended to be downloaded in bulk. Where possible I link to their original sources that should be able to sustain the abuse of downloads at national scale. In practice only AHN1, the aerial photographs and coloured point clouds come from GeoTiles.nl itself.

If you are interested in downloading in bulk, this information on the sheet index might help to construct the appropriate URLs.

1 like

Ah, this is good news. Thanks a lot!

Dag Frank,

We (RWS en partners) zijn bezig de actuele hoogte van Nederland beschikbaar te stellen. Dat doen we in het kader van INSPIRE. De leveranciers zijn PDOK en Wetransform. Beide zijn voor ons INSPIRE Experts. INSPIRE is het EU platform om internationaal gegevens te kunnen gebruiken. Het raster is in een globaal CRS met een ongeveer 1 meter grid resolutie. Dat doen we onder andere als WCS-service. Een Web Coverage Service maakt het mogelijk dynamisch grid gegevens op te vragen. Jij of je PC bouwt een vraag en de service levert je de data voor de gevraagde locatie. De vraag bouw je bijvoorbeeld in QGIS. We lezen graag je ervaringen en tips voor gebruik.

Waarom wordt de bestaande WCS service via PDOK (0,5m grid) niet gewoon doorgezet naar versie ahn4.

Dag ebeere,

Omdat dit deze data is geconverteerd naar Hoogte Nederland DTM (INSPIRE Geharmoniseerd). De data is beschreven via Nationaal georegister.

@ebeere, dat is ook het geval. De WCS van PDOK serveert AHN4 alleen in RD-NAP. @Herzo heeft het over de INSPIRE geharmoniseerde versie in ETRS-EVRF.

@Herzo het tabblad ‘data’ op het Nationaal Georegister blijft bij mij leeg. Mist daar iets?

1 like

@geotiles : Ja, dat klopt. De metadata wordt in de komende 24 uur vernieuwd. dan worden links naar de data te gebruiken.