Problem with GeoServer

Hi there,
I am trying to install Geoserver and connect it to Oracle. At first, I was able to install Geoserver alone very easy and it ran, but then it stopped working. So, I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled it on top of Tomcat. However, it seems to be a problem with tomcat or JDK.

and geoserver:

Here are the steps I followed:
JDK: I tried different versions of JDK, and the latest one is shown in the following screenshot:

I copied the Geoserver.war file into the webapp folder and started and stopped Tomcat several times, but I keep getting the same error. I have no idea why this is happening.
I have different versions of JDK on my computer. I suspect that the problem might be related to these different versions, but I do not want to uninstall them because different applications are using different versions of JDK.

I would really appreciate your suggestions.
Kind regards,
Maryam

Sorry, I don’t know much about either Tomcat or Geoserver, so can’t give much help. I do know a thing or two about Java though, and I suspect you’ve selected the wrong Java installation. I’d use the Oracle one, not the Microsoft one (the one installed in the hotspot folder).
However that also brings to light something else that might cause problems: you have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java installed. I would expect both Tomcat and Geoserver to be 64-bit, so I would remove the 32-bit Java installation. You can recognize the 32-bit version by its installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86). So check your PATH-settings: generally the first Java in there will be used, and that usually (but not always!) depends on the order of installation.

1 like

I Installed again and followed the documentation only windows installer:
https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/installation/win_installer.html

Dit topic is 180 dagen na het laatste antwoord automatisch gesloten. Nieuwe antwoorden zijn niet meer toegestaan.